The health safety and welfare of Menzies workers, contractors, customers and visitors (“others”) is of prime consideration. Menzies is committed to improving occupational health, safety and rehabilitation performance. The highest standards of occupational health, safety and rehabilitation in accordance with legislative requirements in which Menzies core values and beliefs and is the overall basis of our management system structure is built.
Menzies recognises the basis upon which Menzies work health, safety and rehabilitation management system is built and strives for continuous improvement.
A healthy and safe workplace through the integration of occupational health and safety into all business operations and aims under the guidance and direction of comprehensive and specific work health and safety policies, plans, procedures and practices with emphasise on strong consultation and cooperation between management, clients and workers.
Menzies management system is supported by detailed and industry specific policy and procedure guidelines. These documents are dynamic and assist Menzies to achieve the Company vision, objectives and critical success factors. Menzies procedures have a heavy focus on AS/NZS ISO 31000 Risk Management, AS/NZS 4801 OHS Management Systems and the NSW Government Work Health, Safety Management Systems and Auditing Guidelines 5th Edition.
Responsibilities for all parties in the workplace are clearly described within Menzies Management System which ensures that a commitment to work health, safety and rehabilitation management is applied throughout Menzies.
For any hazards, incidents or injuries experienced or witnessed by an employee, a report will be submitted online via Menzies Launchpad, which can be accessed any time by clicking here.
Our HSEQ team is getting notified instantly, and will be in touch with the envolved parties.
Menzies goal is to prevent occupational injury and illness by establishing measurable objectives and targets to ensure continuous improvement aimed at elimination of injury and illness by:
- Providing and maintaining safe systems of work and plant.
- Providing written procedures and instructions to ensure safe systems of work.
- Ensuring compliance with legislative requirements and current industry standards.
- Providing information, instruction, training and supervision to all workers and contractors to ensure their safety.
- To implement and maintain a safety management system that is compliant with standards.
- To recognise the importance of compliance with legislative and regulatory performance standards
- Maintain a documented management system with appropriate records of performance,
- To achieve an accident free workplace,
- To prevent work related injuries and illnesses,
- To continuously improve the safety culture of all workers.